If you are looking for a country to travel to during these challenging post-COVID times and want to know if Albania open to tourists, you will find the answer to your question, along with additional information, below.
The article has been updated as of July 2023.
Is Albania open to tourists now?
The answer is yes, it is open. Since late 2020, Albania has opened its borders to tourists from all countries around the world. Restrictions for entry only applied to residents of the United Kingdom and the United States with Canada. However, all country-specific restrictions have been lifted as of today. Any citizen from any country can visit Albania for tourism purposes.
Useful to know:I would also like to draw your attention to the fact that the curfew has been lifted in the country. All establishments are operating as usual, without any restrictions.
Entry requirements for Albania
I won’t go into details about visas and such. I will provide links to all the necessary information below. Here, I will only mention the COVID-related requirements for tourists entering Albania from all countries worldwide.
As of May 1, 2022, Albania has lifted all COVID-related entry restrictions. No PCR tests, vaccinations, certificates, or quarantines are required.
Useful links for tourists planning to visit Albania
Below are links to articles regarding the coronavirus situation, current restrictions, and, most importantly, where to get a PCR test in Albania if needed, along with the associated costs.
- For information about COVID-19 in Albania, current restrictions, and where to get a PCR test in Albania if necessary, read the article using the provided link.
- For information about visas in Albania, including any new updates, refer to the article on Albania visa.
- Everything you need to know about Albania’s only international airport, Mother Teresa Airport, can be found in the article provided, including information about where to get a PCR test at the airport.
- If you are entering Albania by sea, the article “Albania Ferries” is essential, especially for information about ferries from/to Italy and Greece.
- And for entering Albania through land borders, such as Montenegro, Kosovo (better to avoid), and Macedonia.
In conclusion, during these challenging times when the world has undergone rapid changes, traveling has become much more complicated. While in the past I could simply buy tickets and fly to many countries with just a passport, now it is impossible.
The answer to the question of whether Albania open to tourists is simple. Yes, it is open. No “COVID-related” documents are required anymore.
Wishing you and your loved ones good health!
Resources to help you plan your dream trip to Albania
- Flights at the best prices with juicy discounts
- Car rental in Albania (cheaper – only by bus):
- Hotels and apartments throughout the country: Booking
- Tours, excursions and activities (including extreme ones):
- Comprehensive travel insurance: EKTA
- eSIM virtual sim card in Albania
- Taxi and transfers: Intui.Travel