There will be ratings, reviews, photos, descriptions, and prices of the best SPA hotels in the Maldives, as well as necessary links to package tours and direct booking of these hotels. I will also tell you what to pay attention to when choosing a hotel and what pitfalls exist, so that nothing can spoil your dream vacation.
It will be difficult for you to plan your dream trip to Maldives without these websites
Table of Contents
General points about SPA hotels
I will tell you the most important points to pay attention to, especially useful for those who know little about vacationing in the Maldives and are just starting to prepare for their dream vacation.
- In the Maldives, there are two opposite types of vacation: on local islands, where the local population lives, and private-closed island resorts, where you can only get by booking a hotel. In this article, all SPA hotels will only be from resort islands.
- Good SPA hotels in the Maldives should be booked in advance, at least 3 months in advance, as the occupancy rate of these hotels throughout the year is over 95%. By October, all bookings for New Year’s Eve in such hotels are already taken. Read more about spending New Year’s Eve in the Maldives.
- Remember, not every hotel with the prefix SPA is actually a SPA. In the Maldives, there are hundreds of hotels where the word SPA is in the name, but most of them do not even have their own SPA complex, they simply provide massages and add the word SPA to the name.
Good to know:Almost always, all SPA procedures are paid for separately. They are included in the vacation package only in rare cases in the most top-rated hotels, where guests stay on the Ultra All Inclusive system. But there, prices for a 10-day vacation start at $15,000 and above.
If you are flying to a hotel with a SPA center in the Maldives and plan to actively use the services of this center, I recommend that you find out the prices in advance or budget accordingly. Prices for SPA services in resort hotels are not low, a 40-minute massage is unlikely to cost less than $100 anywhere. And other procedures can be much more expensive.
The ranking of the best SPA resorts in the Maldives
In the table below, you will find the ranking of the best SPA resorts in the Maldives. All links are clickable and lead to the hotel’s description and booking page.
- All hotels in the ranking are 5-star only!
- Room prices: One night for two people in a standard room, in US dollars.
- Tour packages are available at the link: Expedia.
|Hotel (review at the link)||from Male, km||Room price|
|Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Resort & Spa||8||from 1000|
|Furaveri Island Resort & Spa||150||from 200|
|Sun Island Resort & Spa||110||from 250|
|Royal Island Resort & Spa||120||from 300|
|Centara Grand Island Resort & Spa||95||from 400|
|Kudafushi Resort & Spa||160||from 450|
|Taj Exotica Resort & Spa Maldives||10||from 1100|
|Anantara Veli Resorts & Spa Maldives||25||from 1200|
|Kihaa Maldives Resort & Spa||120||from 300|
|Lily Beach Resort & Spa||85||from 850|
Important to note:The transfer from the airport to the hotel and back can cost up to $1000. This is a Maldivian feature, as moving between islands here is very expensive. In package tours, the transfer is always included, but if you book a resort hotel separately, the transfer will be charged in addition to the room price.
I will give you only two main tips that will help you save not only time but also money.
- It is more advantageous to buy a tour package than to separately buy plane tickets and book the hotel. This applies specifically to resort hotels, as any tour includes the transfer to the hotel. As you could see above, transfers can cost even up to $500 and even $1000.
- The simple solution is to look for hotels near Male, then the transfer will be fast and affordable. You can read more about travel trends in the Maldives and whether it’s worth coming here.
- And the second tip: always, whenever possible, take an “all-inclusive” tour package instead of a “breakfast only” one. In such tours, the price difference can be as much as $1000 or even $2000 for a 7-day vacation. But believe me, in the end, “all-inclusive” will be cheaper, as even a regular dinner in the best SPA resorts in the Maldives will hardly cost less than $100-$200 for a couple.
In conclusion, the ranking of the best SPA resorts in the Maldives was supposed to give you an idea of the price range, where to look for tours, see photos and reviews, as well as to list some of the best five-star SPAs. These are not the only hotels that offer a complete range of SPA procedures for tourists in the Maldives, the choice is up to you.
Resources to help you plan your dream trip to the Maldives