There are over a hundred resort hotels offering luxurious getaways to tourists in the Maldives, making the selection process a daunting task for many. Below you will find the top 10 resort hotels in the Maldives, each of which guarantees an unforgettable experience on a private island in your own villa or overwater bungalow.
It will be difficult for you to plan your dream trip to Maldives without these websites
Table of Contents
The Maldives are known around the world as a resort destination for the wealthy. However, it is possible to enjoy a reasonably priced vacation here, sometimes even cheaper than neighboring Egypt or Turkey. This article will focus specifically on expensive and luxurious getaways in resort hotels.
Good to know:A resort hotel is a private and exclusive island on which only one hotel and its infrastructure is located. There is no local people, no schools, shops, banks, or much else. The only way to get here is to book a villa at the hotel or purchase a package tour.
There is no public transportation to these islands, only private transfers by speedboat or seaplane.
These hotels are popular with honeymooners, and weddings can be held directly on the beach. Learn all about weddings in the Maldives and how much they cost.
The best resort hotels in the Maldives
Below in the table, you will find some of the best resort hotels in the Maldives. This does not mean that other hotels offered by your travel agency are inferior. Simply put, this list includes hotels that have high ratings from both tourists and international organizations and offer a guaranteed luxurious stay.
All links in this table can be clicked to read reviews, hotel descriptions, view photos, and most importantly, find out the price for your dates. Any hotel can be booked without purchasing a tour.
- from Male, km – distance in km from the international airport in Male to the hotel. If the distance is less than 50km, a speedboat transfer is usually provided, and if it is more than 50km, a seaplane is used.
- Room rate $ – price per night for a villa or bungalow for two people. By following the link, you can view all prices for all types of villas and find out the exact price for your dates and book.
- By the link – Expedia – you can also find all possible options for tour packages to these hotels for your dates.
|from Male, km
|Room rate $
|Sun Island Resort
|Conrad Rangali Island
|Sun Siyam Iru Fushi
- I also recommend reading another great article: Top 10 5-star hotels in the Maldives.
In this article, there are two unique options that stand out from the rest. Soneva Fushi and Conrad Rangali Island. While the first hotel has been officially named the best hotel in the Maldives for several years in a row, the second has a unique underwater villa, where the glass bedroom is located underwater.
And a vacation for $20,000 per week cannot be bad by default. This is a completely different level that many (including myself) cannot afford.
One important piece of advice that applies to any tour to the Maldives in any hotel:A tour package that includes only breakfast is always significantly cheaper than the same package “all inclusive”. Some tourists opt for a cheaper package, thinking they will save money. However, they will not save money. In resort hotels, a bottle of simple alcohol starts at $100, and a non-full dinner for two is $200-300. In the end, such tourists end up overpaying significantly at the resort and their vacation ends up being more expensive than if they had purchased the “all inclusive” package from the start.
In conclusion: I hope the list of resort hotels in the Maldives have helped you with your choice. As with everything, even in luxury and expensive vacations, there are budget hotels and more expensive ones. It may sound strange, but private island resorts where you can stay in a small overwater bungalow for $400-500 per day is considered almost a bargain. And it’s not guaranteed that for that price you will have your own private pool. That is the reality of the Maldives.
If you enjoyed the article and the content in this guide, you can buy me a coffee ^_^
Resources to help you plan your dream trip to the Maldives
- Flight tickets and the best deals
- Tour packages (from budget to luxury): Expedia
- Hotels and guesthouses on any island:
- 12go is the largest Asian transfer service. It gathers all Maldivian carriers, even the small ones that operate between local islands.
- Tours and excursions: Viator – a limited selection of excursions, but convenient and reliable.
- Comprehensive insurance: EKTA
- eSIM at the same price as in telecom office in Male.