Is the Dominican Republic open now to tourists from the United States, Europe, and Central American countries? Can you come to the Dominican Republic? When will the borders open? You will find answers to all these questions in this article.
You will also learn about some travel issues that need to be thought out in advance. Because, although the country (spoiler alert!) is OPEN, but for Europeans it is on the other side of the world and it is not easy to get there.
As for where the Dominican Republic is located on the world map, read on the link.
Is the Dominican Republic open now to citizens of the USA, Canada, the EU, and Central American countries?
Answer: yes it is open. All covid-19 restrictions were lifted on December 9, 2022
It is important to know:Upon arrival in the Dominican Republic, no PCR test or quarantine is required. Read more about Covid-19 in this country at the link. It is possible that your country from where you are flying requires a PCR test upon return. In the article about coronavirus, you will read where it can be made in the Dominican Republic and how much it costs.
Your task, as a tourist, is only to reach the country, and you will pass the border in the usual normal mode. Therefore, read the article about a visa to the Dominican Republic, who and what is needed to visit the country.
Can you come to the Dominican Republic and ways to come?
Today, transportation is the most difficult question. If you are buying a ready-made tour to this country and have a direct charter flight, there are not many questions. Solve the visa issue, if necessary, and get on the plane.
It is important to know:Direct air communication to Dominican airports: Punta Cana, Puerto Plata, La Romana from many cities in the United States and Europe resumed in September 2021. There are also charters to the Dominican Republic. Where to buy a ready-made package can be found at the links at the end of the article.
95% of all flights to the Dominican Republic from Europe are from the following cities:
- There are also flights with a connection through airports in the United States, such as New York or Miami.
Here is what you need to know about transiting through cities in the United States to the Dominican Republic:
- All tourists traveling through the United States need a visa.
- Even if you do not plan to leave the transit area of the airport, a visa is still required
- For EU citizens, an electronic visa can be obtained through a simplified procedure
- A visa to the United States is not required for citizens of: Canada, Palau, Micronesia and the Bahamas.
It is important to know:Sometimes, tickets to the Dominican Republic from Europe are cheaper if there is a transit through an airport in the United States. But it is better to refuse such tickets in order not to deal with obtaining a US visa.
Everything about the international airports of the Dominican Republic, one of which you will definitely land in, can be read in the article by the link.
“Timatic” is a useful resource for tourists.
It is important to know:At this link you will find the official international resource Timatic. It is used by all employees of the world’s airports and border services to check the necessary documents and grounds for entry to any country in the world.
To conclude: Is the Dominican Republic open now to citizens of the United States, Canada, and the EU? Yes, it is open. Without quarantine and PCR tests. All Covid-19 restrictions were lifted on December 9, 2022. All you need is a ticket, the necessary visa, and your desire.
Have a smooth flight and more open borders!
Resources to help you plan your dream trip to Dominican Republic
- Flights at the best prices with discounts
- Car rental: DiscoverCars – a largest international resource
- Hotels and apartments: Hotellook – compares hotel prices among dozens of booking platforms and offer you the best price.
- Vacation packages:
- Tours, excursions and extreme activities:
- GetYourGuide – more than 800+ tours and water activities.
- Viator – 3500+ tours and excursions in Dominican.
- Comprehensive travel insurance: EKTA
- eSIM virtual sim card with internet package.
- Taxi and airport transfers: Intui.Travel