Want to take a vacation urgently? Looking for a country of eternal summer that does not need a visa that has opened its borders? Here you will find all the information about last minute packages to the Dominican Republic from all tour operators. There will also be recommendations. And a lot of other interesting and useful information.
Table of contents:
- Prices for last minute packages to the Dominican Republic
- Where to book and buy
- Briefly about the choice of resort and airport of arrival
- Travel Tips
Last Minute vacation packages to the Dominican Republic: prices
Today, in the post-coronavirus era, vacation pricing in many countries of the world almost defies logic. The same applies to last minute vacation packages to the Dominican Republic. If you suddenly have a vacation and are ready to fly out after tomorrow, this does not mean that it is easy to find a cheap package.
Below are three main reasons why buying a last minute package to the Dominican is a great idea:
- No visa required. Everything about the visa regime, insurance, etc., at the link.
- No need for PCR test, vaccination and quarantine. The country has completely lifted all covid restrictions.
- Summer is year-round with no distinct rainy seasons. Well, in the country there is always a resort where it is dry even in the rainy season. Read all about the weather in the Dominican Republic here.
In summary: the Dominican Republic is beautiful because in this difficult time for travel, nothing is needed, only desire. We packed our bags and went to the airport.
But the pricing for last minute packages to the Dominican Republic is very strange. And the price is not much different from regular packages. Yes, you can always catch a discount or a cool promotion. And where to look I will tell below. But for a general understanding, a little about prices:
Vacation package cost:The price of a package with a departure in 2-7 days to any resort in the Dominican Republic for two, with a direct flight, with a 4 * all-inclusive hotel on 1 line, for 7-8 nights, averages 2000 – 3000 Euros from European cities, and $2000 from US cities.
I indicated the prices in order for you to understand the average situation in the hot tour market, and to be guided by what is expensive and what is cheap.
Where to book and look for last-minute packages to the Dominican Republic
There are many options, from travel agencies in your city to large online aggregators. Today in 2023, a huge share of the tourism market has moved online, it is at least easier, and often cheaper. But most importantly, you yourself can check the availability of last-minute packages at least 5 times a day and quickly monitor the situation without intermediaries.
You saw the package of your dreams, booked it in 3 minutes and you can pack your suitcase. And the tour agency in your city works exactly with the same bases of packages, only it also has its own commission.
Below are link to the largest hypermarket of packages to the Dominican Republic, where you can find not only last-minute packages, but also excellent 24/7 support.
- Expedia– is the world market leader in packages and hotel reservations. A huge selection of packages to the Dominican Republic by direct flight.
- CheapOair – Dominican Republic Vacation Packages from all US cities, Cheap Vacations & Deals.
Briefly about the choice of resort and airport of arrival
As of 2023, from cities in Europe, the USA, Canada, you can fly on a direct flight to the following airports in the Dominican Republic:
- Punta Cana
- Puerto Plata
- La Romano
- Samana Peninsula Airport
- Las Americas (the country’s main airport in the capital of Santo Domingo).
All international airports in the Dominican Republic and a map of their location is available at the link in a separate article.
Good to know:Although the Dominican Republic is a small country, the airport of arrival is important. For example, the transit time by car between Punta Cana Airport and the Samana Peninsula will take about 5 hours. And if by public transport, then all day. Therefore, if you plan to relax in Samana, look for packages with arrivals at Samana or Puerto Plata airports. The same goes for Punta Cana.
Read the article at the link in great detail about the resorts of the Dominican Republic and how to make a choice. But here are a few general points that will help you when choosing:
- The south of the country is washed by the Caribbean Sea, and the north by the Atlantic Ocean.
- In the north it is greener and more humid, in the south the climate is drier. In the south, there are much fewer palm trees and attributes of a Caribbean holiday 🙂
- The Samana Peninsula is the greenest piece of the Dominican Republic.
- Humpback whales annually come to the shores of Samana.
- The best resort in terms of infrastructure, endless beaches and a large selection of hotels is Punta Cana and Bavaro.
- The most deserted beaches are the Samana Peninsula.
Tourists, in most cases, choose resorts: Punta Cana, Bavaro, Bayahibe, Samana, and, less often, Boca Chica.
Below are some tips for those who plan to buy last-minute packages to the Dominican Republic:
- Remember that today in the post-COVID era, a last-minute package does not mean that it will be very cheap. Discounts are possible, but prices have not yet fallen much.
- Last minute packages to Dominican Republic is very popular with tourists, because:
- it is summer all year round with no clear rainy season. You can fly in general in any month.
- no visa required
- no need for PCR and vaccination
- The Dominican Republic is exotic and real Caribs 🙂 But at the same time there are no poisonous insects, predatory animals and exotic diseases. The country has a high level of security for tourists.
In conclusion: I hope now you know where and how to look for last minute packages to Dominican Republic and which resort you want to fly to. And remember that for the most active travelers, the Dominican Republic is also a great starting point for your trip to the Caribbean. From here you can fly cheaply for a couple of days to a dozen countries where you just can’t get from Europe.
Wishing you low prices for last minute packages to the Dominican Republic!
Resources to help you plan your dream trip to Dominican Republic
- Flights at the best prices with discounts
- Car rental in Dominican (cheaper – only by bus):
- Discovery Cars – a largest international resource
- Hotels and apartments all over the country: Booking
- Vacation packages:
- Tours, excursions and activities (including extreme ones):
- GYG – more than 150 tours (whales tours)
- Comprehensive travel insurance: EKTA
- eSIM virtual sim card with internet in Dominican
- Taxi and transfers from Dominican airports: Intui.Travel