The main question when choosing the Dominican Republic as a vacation country is the prices for tours to the Dominican Republic. In this article I will tell you not only how much a package tour with a flight costs, but also where to buy. What are the pitfalls and what to look out for.
Table of contents:
- What resort is better to choose for vacation
- Direct flight to the Dominican Republic
- Prices for a tour to the Dominican Republic “All Inclusive”
- Tips & Tricks
What resort is better to choose for vacation
Before looking for a tour, you need to know a little more about the country where you want to go. I advise you to read an article about the pros and cons of holidays in the Dominican Republic for tourists.
Choosing a resort is an important moment in any trip. The Dominican Republic has many resorts on the Atlantic Ocean and the Caribbean Sea. In dry region and humid. Far from the airport and 10 minutes drive. All these things greatly influence the choice of a package tour to the Dominican Republic.
Read more about resorts and where it is better to look for a package tour to the Dominican Republic here. But in short, then:
- If you are coming on a package tour from Europe, then it is better to look for a tour in the resorts of Bavaro and Punta Cana.
- Since these two resorts are located near the airport, which receives mainly flights from Europe. Just 15 minutes from the airport and you will be in your hotel.
- But today charters fly to other airports in the Dominican Republic. For example, in the capital, Santo Domingo.
It is important to know:Although the Dominican Republic is an island. And the area of the country, it seems not big. But keep in mind, if you bought a package tour to a hotel in Punta Cana, for example, and the plane arrives in Puerto Plata, then the transfer from the airport will be about 5 hours. Always look where your hotel is and where the airport of arrival is.
- If you choose an independent trip, I recommend paying attention to the Samana Peninsula. This is a heaven on earth. My favorite place in the country. There are insanely beautiful beaches, and humpback whales, and the jungle, and waterfalls and the power of the ocean.
Direct flight to the Dominican Republic and beyond
Today there are a large number of direct flights to the Dominican Republic from cities in Europe, the USA and other countries of Central America.
The most convenient airports for departure to the Dominican Republic from Europe, from these airports there are daily direct flights to the Dominican Republic:
- Frankfurt am Main
It is important to know:Since the Dominican Republic is located on the other side of the globe, it takes about 9 hours to fly here on a direct flight.
For those flying from the USA, the best airports for transit, from where there are also many daily direct flights to the Dominican Republic:
- John F. Kennedy International Airport in New York
- Miami airport
If there are no direct regular flights to the Dominican Republic from your city, then you need to find out if there are charters. If there is, a package tour to the Dominican Republic such a charter will greatly simplify your logistics. Where and how to buy a tour to the Dominican Republic and prices I will tell below. And at this link, in detail how to buy a ticket to the Dominican Republic on your own.
Prices for tours to the Dominican Republic “All Inclusive”
In the Dominican Republic, you can easily buy an All Inclusive package tour with a flight and transfer. What is important to know for this:
- It is very convenient. Since the tour will immediately include the flight, transfer to the hotel, the hotel itself and insurance.
- First of all, when choosing a tour, look at the airport of arrival, and then at which resort the hotel is. It would be ideal if both the airport and the hotel were in the same resort.
- Prices for tours to the Dominican Republic in 4-star hotels and 5-star hotels do not differ much. By the way, here most of the hotels work on the system “All inclusive”.
Great prices for tours to the Dominican Republic from Europe and the USA, and a large selection of excellent hotels can be found on the largest aggregator:
- Expedia – is the largest package tour aggregator. They search and select tours for all major world tour agencies.
Today, in post-COVID times, the pandemic has greatly changed tourism. Flights have risen in price, prices for tours have risen, and they have not yet returned to their normal state. Experts predict that the tourist flow to the Dominican Republic will return to pre-pandemic levels only in 2024-25.
We can safely say that prices have increased on average by 20-40% for tours to the Dominican Republic:
- prices for tours to the Dominican Republic for two with a direct flight to a good resort hotel 5-stars for 8 nights from European cities today are about 2.5-3.5 thousand euros
- the same tour, only from US cities will cost about 2 – 2.5 $ for two. It’s cheaper from the US because it’s closer to flying.
Good to know:This amount includes hotel accommodation, meals, direct flight, transfer from the airport and back, and all this for two.
Prices for tours to the Dominican Republic: tips and tricks
Due to the increase in prices for tours, by the way, this applies to all destinations, and not just the Dominican Republic, I recommend:
- Watch tours on the Internet and check with your favorite travel agency where you bought before.
- Do not forget that there is round-the-clock support everywhere, even if you buy a tour on the Internet.
- Remember that when buying insurance, there should always be a clause in case of flight cancellation and treatment for covid-19. There will be a link about extended insurance at the end of the article.
- Personal recommendations of the author to which resorts are best to buy package tours:
- Punta Cana
- Cap Cana
- La Romano and Bayahibe
- and of course Samana, my favorite part of the Dominican Republic. But package tours are the least sold here.
And where and how to look for last-minute tours to the Dominican Republic and try to catch a great discount, read in a separate article at the link.
In conclusion: prices for tours to the Dominican Republic with a flight and a good hotel, today range from $ 2,000 for two. Yes, it seems like it’s not cheap, but this is the Caribbean Sea, it’s exotic and paradise. Waterfalls, jungles, humpback whales that you can meet here will definitely exceed all your expectations.