A small but useful article that presents a rating of the best cheap hotels in Montenegro. Here you will find a description of hotels, reviews, photos and of course prices. I will tell you about some features that you can expect in these hotels and which you need to pay attention to when booking.
Table of contents:
- Apartments and hotels in Montenegro: features
- Rating of cheap hotels in Montenegro
- Travel Tips
It will be difficult for you to plan your dream trip to Montenegro without these websites
Apartments and hotels in Montenegro: features
Accommodation in Montenegro has several features that can surprise an unprepared tourist.
- There is no central heating in the country. Each house or hotel solves the issue of heating. Usually just an air conditioner is enough, but if you travel around Montenegro in autumn and winter, you need at least a heater.
- There is no hot water supply in Montenegro either. Boilers are usually installed. Every hotel or house has a different size boiler. But if three or four people want to take a shower at once, there may not be enough hot water.
Good to know:Taking a bath in Montenegro is expensive, and not every cheap hotel has it.
- The floor is tiled. It is practical and easy to clean, and also provides the necessary coolness in the heat. But in autumn and winter it is very cold in a room with tiles. If you don’t like cold floors, bring slippers or warm socks with you.
- In cheap hotels there will be no kitchen in the room, and having your private kitchen is very convenient. The kitchen is available in apart-hotels or apartments. Even a sandwich would be nowhere to be made without a kitchen, no knife, fork, or corkscrew for wine.
Rating of cheap hotels in Montenegro
Below you will find a dynamic rating of cheap hotels in Montenegro in major tourist cities. You can click on each hotel, see photos, read reviews, and most importantly, find out the prices for your dates.
Budget apartments and hotels in Kotor
Apartments and hotels in Budva
Hotels and apartments in Ulcinj
- The most Albanian city in Montenegro – an overview of Ulcinj
Budget options for apartments and hotels in Herceg Novi
- All about Herceg Novi for a tourist
Below are some tips that can help you save money, time and make your vacation more predictable.
- If you travel by car, look in the description of any accommodation for information about private parking. Parking is a big problem during high season, and public parking is paid.
- A hotel with private beach or at least a pool with sun loungers – is very good. Renting two sun loungers with an umbrella on the public beaches costs 15 euros per day. And public beaches are very crowded.
- Private kitchen even small is an advantage. Slicing prsut, making a salad or a light snack will save you a couple of hundred euros for the whole holiday.
- There are a lot of hotels in Montenegro with breakfast included in the price. Other things being equal always choose such hotels.
In conclusion: cheap hotels in Montenegro are the largest category of hotels in the country. There are more than 3 million tourists a year here. And most of them want to save some money on accommodation. In the high season, prices are higher, there are fewer cheap options. Therefore, book in advance, and the chance of finding a great option at a great price is much higher.
Resources to help you plan your dream trip to Montenegro
- Flights at the best prices with discounts
- Car rental in Montenegro (cheaper – only by bus):
- Discovery Cars – a large international resource
- LocalRent – work with local rental companies. Leader in car rental in Montenegro.
- Hotels and apartments all over the country: Booking
- Tours, excursions and activities (including extreme ones):
- Comprehensive travel insurance: EKTA
- eSIM virtual sim card with internet in Montenegro
- Taxi and transfers from Montenegro airports: Intui.Travel