In the light of events in the world since 2020, a very frequent question of any tourist is: Montenegro open for travel or not, what are the entry requirements to Montenegro? In short, Montenegro is completely open and you can come here without any requirements as of the end of 2022. Like the good old days.
Table of contents:
It will be difficult for you to plan your dream trip to Montenegro without these websites
Is Montenegro open for travel in 2023?
Yes, it’s open. Montenegro has lifted all restrictions related to covid-19 for tourists from mid-2022. And as of today, no new restrictions have been introduced. Although new waves are periodically recorded in Montenegro. Due to the high level of vaccination in the country, a periodic increase in the incidence does not cause concern. In addition, Montenegro simply cannot afford another summer season without tourists.
Today you do NOT need to cross the border:
Only a passport is needed. All entry requirements have returned to pre-Covid times.
Important :This article is about covid restrictions. You can learn about other entry rules: visa, medical insurance and hotel reservations, confirmation of financial viability in the article about a visa to Montenegro.
Since the pandemic is gradually becoming a thing of the past, most of the people in the world have already been vaccinated, the mortality rate has dropped to minimal values, information about Covid-19 in Montenegro is not so interesting for tourists. But if you want to know how the pandemic affected life in Montenegro, what restrictions were introduced, which of the restrictions are now in the country, and where you can do a PCR test, read the article: everything about Covid-19 in Montenegro. Up-to-date information will be posted there in case restrictions are introduced again.
- I also recommend a general article: about holiday trends in Montenegro, what to expect for a tourist, and everything about holidays in this country.
Starting from March-April 2022, Montenegro opened its international airports and renewed all flight permits, except for Aeroflot. But Russian airlines are another story.
- Flights to Montenegro are resumed
- As before, you can fly here from many European cities: Vienna, Rome, Budapest, London, Paris, Warsaw and so on.
- There are also direct flights from Istanbul.
- The largest number of daily flights to Podgorica and Tivat are from neighboring Belgrade in Serbia. 4-5 flights a day to each airport.
- The only European airline that now flies directly to Moscow is Air Serbia. If you ever need this information.
- Details on how to get to Montenegro from London, Paris and beyond: how much time to fly and which routes are the most convenient
In conclusion: we believe that covid-19 is a thing of the past. Countries are slowly opening up. Of course, not all have opened yet, but the process is underway. Is Montenegro open for travel? Is it possible to go to Montenegro now? Yes, it’s open, and yes, you can. Without PCR tests, vaccination certificate and other restrictive measures. Maybe in a couple of years, we will begin to live as before and the events of the last 2-3 years will become a thing of the past. And we hope that your trip to Montenegro will give you an unforgettable experience.
Resources to help you plan your dream trip to Montenegro
- Flights at the best prices with discounts
- Car rental in Montenegro (cheaper – only by bus):
- Hotels and apartments all over the country: Booking
- Tours, excursions and activities (including extreme ones):
- Comprehensive travel insurance: EKTA
- eSIM virtual card in Montenegro
- Taxi and transfers from Montenegro airports: Intui.Travel