This topic is not much advertised in society, but there are nudist beaches in Montenegro. They can be found along the entire Adriatic coast. The main visitors to the nudist beaches of Montenegro are Germans, French, many Serbs, 99% of them are European tourists. But there are almost no locals. Below is a short overview of this interesting topic.
Table of contents:
- Nudist beaches in Montenegro: general information
- TOP 5 nudist beach in Montenegro: map
It will be difficult for you to plan your dream trip to Montenegro without these websites
Nudist beaches in Montenegro: general information
Briefly and most importantly, so that you have the right picture:
- There are not very many nudist beaches in Montenegro. And there are also few tourists who come here for this purpose.
- There is only one official and equipped nudist beach: it is Ada Bojana in the south of the country. An overview of this beach will be below in the article.
- All other beaches are land areas – on rocks, on stones, in secluded places where there are simply no ordinary tourists.
- Very often there is not even a convenient water entry. That’s why there are no tourists here, and nudists can come.
It’s important to know:Montenegro is a small country, and more than 3 million people come every year. In the high season, all the beaches are crowded. It is impossible to find a secluded bay or a small beach, only if it is private.
If we consider only nudist beaches in Montenegro, the conditions created for naturists, then neighboring Croatia is more developed in this regard. There are more such beaches, some of them are official nudist areas, so there are more naked tourists.
Good to know:Another reason for the poor development of nudist beaches in Montenegro is religion. First: Montenegrins are a very religious nation. And secondly: here almost 20% of the population professes Islam. Here all religions are as tolerant of each other as possible and perfectly co-exist together without any tension.
- An interesting fact: the main nudist beach of Montenegro is located in the most Muslim region of the country near Ulcinj. Here, more than 50% of the inhabitants profess Islam. That’s all you need to know about tolerance for others.
TOP 5 nudist beaches in Montenegro: map
Below is a map of nudist beaches, this is probably not all, but definitely the most famous and where not just a piece of rocks, but something similar to a beach.
Pay attention to the beaches:
- Buljarica near Petrovac. This is the second longest beach in the country, its length is more than 2.5 km. And towards the end of the beach there is an unofficial area for nudists, there are always few people there, and vacationers with children do not go here.
- Coordinates of the nudist part of the beach: 42.18431, 18.97115
- Red head or Crvena glavica. It is a beach with a reddish tinge of sand and pebbles. From this beach very close to the island of Sveti Stefan. You can walk, but only in clothes :).
- Coordinates: 42.24619, 18.89644
Good to know:Often in the reviews they write that the Jaz beach near Budva and one of the beaches of Herceg Novi are nudist. I have been there many times, these are large crowded beaches in cities popular with tourists. There are no nudist beaches there. To get to the nudist part of Yaz Beach, you need to walk a kilometer on the rocks. There are no tourists there.
Ada Bojana – the country’s main naturist resort
I’ll tell you a little about the country’s main nudist beach, which, unlike all the others, has an official status. This is the only beach where I have seen signs forbidding entry in clothing.
Ada Bojana is an island measuring 2.5 by 2.5 km. In the very south of the country. The border with Albania runs along the southern border of the island. On the island of Ada Bojana you will find:
- Mini market only open during high season
- Auto camping for nudists.
- And the beach is 2 kilometers long. There is a part of the beach for ordinary tourists. But most of the beach is clothing-free.
- Important: all over the beach of Ada Bojana is sandy! There are not many completely sandy beaches in Montenegro.
Good to know:Although people come to the hotel and camping mainly for sunbathing without clothes, everyone wears clothes on the territory. Nudist – only beach.
A detailed review of Ulcinj, the island of Ada Bojana, what are the pros and cons, how much to pay for entering the island and how to get there for free, read the article at the link. (Spoiler alert: it costs 3 euros to visit the island of Ada Bojana, but it’s very easy to get here and it’s free)
- TOP 10 best beaches in Montenegro: there are also sandy beaches
In conclusion: there are nudist beaches in Montenegro. There are not so many of them, and it is difficult to call most of them beaches. But if you want a tan without stripes, you can get it here. Well, those tourists who are purposefully looking for a vacation without clothes come to Ada Bojana, this is the main nudist beach in Montenegro.
Resources to help you plan your dream trip to Montenegro
- Flights at the best prices with discounts
- Car rental in Montenegro (cheaper – only by bus):
- Hotels and apartments all over the country: Booking
- Tours, excursions and activities (including extreme ones):
- Comprehensive travel insurance: EKTA
- eSIM virtual card in Montenegro
- Taxi and transfers from Montenegro airports: Intui.Travel