If you have already decided that you will go on vacation to Montenegro, then the article below is just for you. I’ll tell you where, how and at what price to find package tours to Montenegro from European cities and beyond. Learn the latest trends and what to expect from most tours, as well as travel tips.
Table of contents:
It will be difficult for you to plan your dream trip to Montenegro without these websites
Tours to Montenegro: general points
Brief and most basic so you get the right idea.
- About 3 million tourists visit Montenegro every year.
- The statistics of the Ministry of Tourism says that approximately 50% are independent tourists, and the remaining 50% buy ready-made tours to Montenegro.
Author’s personal opinion:I cannot say which option is better for Montenegro. Here it is easy to organize everything yourself, but there are also no problems with package holidays. There are countries such as Egypt where 95% of tourists come only on tours, there are almost no independent tourists there. And there are countries like Iceland where there are no package tourists. But in Montenegro it is easy for any traveler.
- The best season in Montenegro is from May to mid-October. But the water is still cold for swimming in May, although the weather is already hot and dry. Details about the weather by month and season.
- The biggest problem for many tourists is to choose a resort to go on vacation.
- Following the link you will find a useful article about all the resorts in the country and you can choose.
- However, the choice will be a little limited for those who travel to Montenegro on a package tour. Since about 80% of all tours are sold to the resorts of the Budva Riviera: these are the cities of Budva, Becici, Rafailovici and neighboring settlements.
The only place where I would not buy ready-made tours to Montenegro for a beach holiday is in the Bay of Kotor. There are no good beaches, short daylight hours and colder water. It is easy to go there for a day on an excursion, either ready-made or on your own.
- Overview of the Bay of Kotor: all the pros and cons for a holiday.
And also be prepared that there are not so many hotels with an all-inclusive program in Montenegro. The price of a ticket to such a hotel is quite high. If this is not necessary for you, then the choice of package tours to hotels with breakfast (B&B) only is much wider.
Have breakfast and go to the beach, excursions, walks around the city. And you can have lunch and dinner in a cafe or restaurant in the hotel or outside it. Prices in restaurants are moderate, portions are large, dishes are healthy and familiar to our tourists.
- All about the traditional cuisine of Montenegro.
A tour to Montenegro: prices, where to buy
Now that you already know when you want to visit Montenegro and have chosen a resort, here is everything you need to know about buying tours.
Important:The information in the article is relevant to the beginning of 2023. Due to the difficult political and economic situation in Eastern Europe, prices for tours and air travel have increased. Despite the fact that the covid pandemic is almost over. Let’s hope that everything will get better in the world and life will return to its previous course and travel will become easier and more accessible as before.
- About visa, entry rules and current covid restrictions in Montenegro. In short (a visa is not needed, vaccination and PCR are also not needed).
It is easy to search for ready-made tours using the links below. Prices are not higher than in your favorite agency in a shopping center near the house, since everyone has a single base of tours. But no need to leave your home and online support 24/7.
Do not forget that each tour includes not only a hotel and flight, but also a transfer from / to the airport and insurance.
These are the largest players in the package tour market in Europe. Reliable with good support and service.
And two more short articles that may help in choosing a hotel and buying a tour to Montenegro:
In conclusion: ready-made package tours to Montenegro are an excellent option for both independent travel and holidays with kids. A large selection of hotels, a short flight, 300+ sunny days a year, visa-free travel, sea and mountains make Montenegro an ideal place for your vacation.
Resources to help you plan your dream trip to Montenegro
- Flights at the best prices with discounts
- Car rental in Montenegro (cheaper – only by bus):
- Hotels and apartments all over the country: Booking
- Tours, excursions and activities (including extreme ones):
- Comprehensive travel insurance: EKTA
- eSIM virtual card in Montenegro
- Taxi and transfers from Montenegro airports: Intui.Travel